How to request maternity leave
Modified on: Fri, 21 Oct, 2022 at 2:47 PM
Please choose which authority you work for to access the relevant guidance for this task.
Leicestershire County Council Guidance
Nottingham City Council Guidance
Nottingham City Homes Guidance
Click on Time and Absences from the home screen, followed by Absences and then Add.
Use the drop down next to Type to select Maternity leave At this stage you are just notifying of your intention to take maternity leave:
- Enter the expected date of childbirth
- Tick the box – open ended
- Enter your planned start date. If your Maternity Leave commences on a different date, either you or your line manager will be able to update the Start Date field.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter the date your MATB1 form was signed
- You can also indicate whether you do not intend to return to work, or whether you intend to return to work and wish to receive Occupational Maternity Pay (OMP) during your leave.
If you require more information in relation to OMP, please see the guidance in the Leave and Flexible Working Policy.
Leave Requests (sharepoint.com)
Click on Submit and the request will be sent to your line manager to approve
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.